Header Ads

  • Highlights

    👩🏻‍💻 Hello Readers 🧑🏻‍💻!!! Would you like to Explore more ? Hit on ⓘ(Ads)... ✨🌹

    Example to Minimize DFA using Myhill–Nerode theorem.

    Minimize the following DFA using the Myhill–Nerode theorem.


    Solution: The way to minimize DFA using MyHill Nerode Theorem :


    Step I:
    Divide the states of the DFA into two subsets: fi nal (F) and non-final (Q–F).
    F = {C, D, F, G}, Q–F = {A, B, E, H, I}
    Make a two-dimensional matrix as shown in Fig. 3.50 labeled at the left and bottom by the states of the DFA.

    Step II:

    1. The following combinations are the combination of the beginning and final state.
    (A, C), (A, D), (A, F), (A, G), (B, C), (B, D), (B, F), (B, G), (E, C), (E, D), (E, F), (E, G), (H, C), (H, D), (H, F), (H, G), (I, C), (I, D), (I, F), (I, G).
    Put X in these combinations of states. The modified matrix is given in 

                             
    2. The pair combination of non-final states are (A, B), (A, E), (A, H), (A, I), (B, E), (B, H), (B, I), (E, H), (E, I), and (H, I).

                                             r = δ(A, a) → B s = δ(B, a) → C

    in the place of (B, C) there is X. So, in the place of (A, B), there will be x.
    Similarly,
    (r, s) = δ((A, E), a) → (B, F) (there is X). In the place of (A, E), there will be x.
    (r, s) = δ((A, H), a) → (B, H) (neither X nor x). In the place of (A, H), there will be 0.
    (r, s) = δ((A, I), a) → (B, I) (neither X nor x]. In the place of (A, I), there will be 0.
    (r, s) = δ((B, E), a) → (C, F) (neither X nor x). In the place of (B, E), there will be 0.
    (r, s) = δ((B, H), a) → (C, H) (there is X). In the place of (B, H), there will be x.
    (r, s) = δ((B, I), a) → (C, I) (there is X). In the place of (B, I), there will be x.
    (r, s) = δ((E, H), a) → (F, H) (there is X). In the place of (E, H), there will be x.
    (r, s) = δ((E, I), a) → (F, I) (there is X). In the place of (E, I), there will be x.
    (r, s) = δ((H, I), a) → (H, I) (neither X nor x). In the place of (H, I), there will be 0.

    3. The pair combination of final states are (C, D), (C, F), (C, G), (D, F), (D, G), and (F, G).

    (r, s) = δ((C, D), a) → (H, I) (neither X nor x). In the place of (C, D), there will be 0.
    (r, s) = δ((C, F), a) → (H, H) (there is dash, neither X nor x). In the place of (C, F), there will be 0.
    (r, s) = δ((C, G), a) → (H, H) (neither X nor x). In the place of (C, G), there will be 0.
    (r, s) = δ((D, F), a) → (I, H) (neither X nor x). In the place of (D, F), there will be 0.
    (r, s) = δ((D, G), a) → (I, H) (neither X nor x). In the place of (D, G), there will be 0.
    (r, s) = δ((F, G), a) → (H, H) (neither X nor x). In the place of (F, G), there will be 0.


    The modified matrix becomes as

    The combination of entries 0 are the states of the modified machine. The states of the minimized machine are [A], [B, E], [C, D], [C, F], [C, G], [D, F], [D, G], [F, G], and [H, I].

    For the minimized machine M′
    Q′ = ({A}, {B, E}, {C, D, F, G}, {H, I}). [C, D], [C, F], [C, G], [D, F], [D, G], and [F, G] are combined to a new state [CDFG].

    Σ = {a, b} δ′: (given in the following table)                               

    q: {A}
    F: {C, D, F, G}

      Also, Study about: 

    Also Read, some interview tips

    No comments

    Post Bottom Ad

    Powered by Blogger.